Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Writing has appeared in the book.



60th of Hunter's Moon, Ava. 719

This book was once a place of solace for me.  A refuge.  Now that its prayers have somehow faded from its pages, I cannot help but think that it is a sign that Avacyn has forsaken me.

My father has sent me on a mission for yet another of the weapons.  I haven't the heart to tell him that each of these quests has proven to be near fatal.  I cannot let him down is it heresy to say that I fear his disappointment more than Avacyn's?

He has given me the name of a village; Hanwier.  After (2? a?) long journey, and a short battle with a band of brigands, I arrived this night to the shuttering of windows and closing of doors.  Whether this place is cursed as its inhabitants believe remains to be seen.  The curse of mistrust is flourishing however.

So this book, once a place I went to for enlightenment, now becomes a place that will hopefully enlighten others.  For I have little doubt that this is my final sortie.  If I do not return, I pray to Avacyn that this book finds its way home.  

Father, if you are reading this, I am sorry for failing you.

Raben

5 comments:

  1. "Raben" is german for "raven"! maybe this could be a clue?
    Did you understand anything, do you know the locations, which are named, or anything?
    I'm no Magic player so I don't if it is some ingame reference (the names e.g.)!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After "a" long journey. Lower case 'a' looks like a '2' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there another clue here I'm not noticing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recieved a postcard about this story and I was like "wtf?" and had to find out more. So it's some kinda MTG story? Wonder if I can get Loremaster achievement from this :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's "Hanweir", not "Hanwier", according to a post card I received.

    ReplyDelete