Monday, September 12, 2011

Eats inn wins.


I arrived in Erdwal just past midday.  I rode through the gates on horseback, wearing my Cathar’s tabard with my sword at my side.  I saw the group that had accosted me upon my previous entry, though their leader, Thatu’s thrall, was nowhere to be seen.

Thoughts of Reika plague me.  I cannot help but think that I could have done more to help her avoid the path that she is on.  Perhaps if I had been a more attentive friend.  Perhaps if I had returned her feelings.

In the end, each person’s soul is weighed alone, so I cannot bear hers as well as mine.  She needs no help on the battlefield, so I cannot presume she needed my help before.  But still, am I not here to hold up the worthy to Avacyn?

I shall begin the search in the morning, tonight I seek a cell in the odd structure that passes for a church in this town.

Raben

92nd of Hunter’s Moon, Ava. 719

1 comment: