Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thy above the hoke.



The priest in this church has, I’m afraid, gone quite insane.  He was overly joyed to see me, and he almost fell on his face in an attempt to welcome me to his church.  Apparently he has not gotten a great many visits here.

He fills every moment he can with useless prattle about the gangs, and the vampire menace.  Some people are a drain on the energies, and I must take care not to let him siphon more than he has.

That is not to say that he has been useless.  He was able to start me on my hunt today which has, so far, proven quite fruitful.  The priest directed me to a tavern called “The Wolf’s Head”, complete with the stuffed head of a dog over the bar for effect.  The innkeeper had seen Reika, though he was elusive as to where.  He seemed afraid to tell me the truth, and not even my standing as a Cathar seemed to sway him.

Fortunately - or rather, most unfortunately in the grand scheme of things - those who do not respect the church still respect the coin.  He ushered me to a corner of the tavern, swore me to not reveal him as the source of my information, and then he told me about the pits.

Reika has apparently been captured, and is working off her debts by fighting in the pits for sport.  I felt a strange sort of elation at this knowledge.  I know where she is, and most importantly, I know she is safe.

Woe to the foolhardy pit fighter who would underestimate her!

Raben

93rd of Hunter’s Moon, Ava. 719

1 comment: