Wednesday, September 7, 2011

If silver judo.



76th of Hunter's Moon, Ava. 719

A deeper sleep I have never slept, but a sleep filled with frightening dreams I did not understand.  A strangely dressed old man was angry with me.

As I had chronicled yesterday, the leader of the footpads survived our alleyway battle.  I placed a food on his chest as he lay on the cobblestones, and pointed my sword at his neck.  I then demanded the knowledge I sought. 

Not wanting to give too much away, I began by asking about the thatcher, but this was a dead-end.  He had assaulted so many that trying to get the details of one of his victims was futile.  To speak of the cursed blade was too dangerous, especially to this one.  I could justify killing the others, as they had clearly sought to end my life, but to kill this one as he lay in such a position of weakness could not be rectified.  Of course, there was no reason for him to know this.

I pressed my foot into his chest and drew my blade back, intending to knock him unconscious.  He turned his head in anticipation of the blow, and it was then that I saw it: the same mark that had been carved into Pitre's body.  The mark of Thatu.

"Thatu" escaped my lips in pure astonishment, and the man's eyes grew wide with recognition.  Seizing upon the moment, I  said "Thatu sent me."  Another transgression, but I pray a necessary one.

His lips curled in horror, and he finally gave me the information I needed to know.

Thatu has traveled to Stensia, to a place called Maalfeld.  Stensia being a haven for Vampires, it is likely that he is one of them.  The sword must be quite a treasure to his kind.

I left the wretch sleeping off his headache in the alleyway.  May Avacyn show him the way.

Raben

4 comments:

  1. Cursed blades, you say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 36th of Hunter's Moon, Ava. 719

    I'm afraid Albrecht is no more.

    I had met him in Stensia, as was our plan, and showed him the magical
    sword. He reached for it, taking it in his hand blade-first. As he
    hefted its weight, the blade slid through his grasp, cutting his hand.
    The sight was almost comical.

    Albrecht smiled, then his expression melted into one of anguish. His
    wounded hand began to shrink and shrivel. Slowly, his body shriveled
    up as is every drop of blood in him was being sucked out. A scream
    escaped his lips and he fell to the floor, the silver blade clanging
    against the stones.

    To the living, this blade causes eternal bleeding. To the eternal, it
    causes final death. Albrecht's calamity has revealed the sword's true
    power to me. Perhaps they will finally give me a seat on the council.

    Thatu

    ReplyDelete
  3. This anagram appears to contain Raben's Father's name:
    Jofridus.

    Possible anagrams include:
    Evil Jofridus
    Vile Jofridus
    Jofridus Live
    Veil Jofridus

    ReplyDelete