Sunday, September 4, 2011

Something fell out...



My son Raben,

I hope this letter finds you well. I heard of your victory in Kessig. Yes, many cathars fought at your side. But you were the strategist. The church is truly fortunate to have a warrior of your character and caliber.

I must call on you again, Raben. It's been awhile since I burdened you with a quest, perhaps you thought it was finally over. I know these missions are difficult and lonely. But they are crucial to our cause. It is absolutely necessary that you bring this evil weapon back to the church. As before, you are the only one that I trust with a matter of such delicacy.

The sword is named The Bloodletter. Flesh split by this blade never ceases to bleed, even after death. A demon has his eye on this sword. If he were to obtain it, it would mean the end of our church and our way of life.

Rumors of such a wound have reached my ears. The man's name was Pitre, and he hailed from Hanweir in Gavony. Discover where-and by whom-he was wounded, and follow the trail to The Bloodletter.

May Avacyn be with you on your journey.

Your loving father,
Jofridus
45th of Hunter's Moon, the year of Avacyn 719

1 comment:

  1. I'm assuming this title isn't an anagram, since something did fall out of the book.

    ReplyDelete