Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hide fun only.



This sword is a most unnatural object.  I have covered it in a swatch of leather so that there will be no possibility of accidental contact.  The times that I have touched its surface, it felt warm and alive, pulsing with evil energies.

I was severely fatigued after the battle with the creature, but I had the presence of mind to confiscate some of its papers that lay spread out on the table.  I knelt in prayer, thanking Avacyn for my victory, and then walked out as easily as I walked in. I do not pretend to understand these creatures, nor their enigmatic motives, but clearly I have been allowed entry into this realm, and I was allowed out.

I made camp a few hours ago, as the sun rose.  I rifled through the pages I took from Thatu, trying to divine some meaning from their bombastic prose, when a single word leaped off the parchment and pierced my mind: Reika.

She was a fellow initiate at Elgaud, and was dismissed under charges of theft.  I did not believe them at the time, for I had known her to be a gentle soul that was still fierce in battle.  Has she fallen so far?

I must return to Erdwal and find her.  I will give her the benefit of the doubt until I can hear her own account of things.

Raben

87th of Hunter’s Moon, Ava. 719

1 comment: