Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sketch it lull.


I am on the road once again.  Or I should say, we are on the road.

Last night I found Reika fighting in the pit, just as the innkeeper had described.  I wore my travel attire so as to not arouse suspicion.  I paid my entry fee and sat as Reika made short work of a mountain of a man wielding two hammers.  While it was good to see that my old friend had not forgotten her lessons from Elgaud, the joy of the crowd at this vulgar proceeding left me most unsettled.  There is enough free misery in this world.  To profit from it seems a special sort of blasphemy to me.

Finding her after the fight proved almost futile.  I had to show the pitmaster my patents, and once again set a bargain with an enemy.  I would not disclose his blood-ridden enterprise, and he would permit me to take Reika with me.

Our reunion was one part joy mixed with two parts urgency, for she had much to tell me.  Her revelation spurred me to leave Erdwal immediately, and to take the most direct route possible to Thraben Cathedral.  This route takes us straight through the moors.  Not ideal, but my father must hear what I have heard.

 Reika is calling for me.

1 comment: