Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hanger mist.



83rd of Hunter's Moon, Ava. 719

Encountered a group of Falkenrath Marauders a two nights ago.  I've been travelling by moonlight ever since crossing the border into Stensia, in order to be alert for nocturnal enemies.

A beautiful woman knelt, bleeding, in the middle of the road.  I was suspicious, but the sound of her weeping bade my horse to stop, and I dismounted.  It was then that the trap was sprung.

No less than 9 vampires descended upon from the trees, while the woman's weeping turned to laughter.  I was outmatched and had little recourse but to tell them why I was here.

"My quarrel is with but one of you.  I seek out the Vampire named Thatu, and the blade he carries."

Their jovial faces turned quite serious, and at this I held fears that I had said too much.  A tense moment passed, then the leader nodded to his band and they departed as quickly as they had appeared.  The woman stared at me, wide-eyed until she joined her cohorts in the inky blackness of the forest. 

I do not know if these brigands communicate with each other, but I do know that the rest of my journey to Maalfeld was unhindered.  Tomorrow, I enter Thatu's castle.

Raben

1 comment: