Friday, September 30, 2011

Willed Notions.



109th of Hunter’s Moon, 719

We are making haste back to Thraben.  Tonight will be the last night of full moon for this month, and we cannot spend it on the road.  My newfound ally, Holger, travels with me.  He is a man of some means, having been a master silversmith.  His skills were made useless when he was cursed as a werewolf, and now he has taken residence at Elder Rimheit’s hostel.  She is hoping to find a cure.  Hope is the most dangerous of all human emotions.

Our horses have collapsed, and Holger is busy acquiring fresh ones from the local stable.  He has also given me armor and weapons from his own collection.  Now that he has already accepted his mortality, material objects no longer hold sway over him.  A gift only imminent death can give us.

His plan is simple, yet it will no doubt cost the lives of many Cathars.  Men who have fought beside me in battle, brave and fearsome.  I try to muster guilt over their inevitable deaths, yet I cannot seem to stir my heart.  Perhaps it no longer beats.

I hope to find Jofridus tonight.  As dangerous as hope is, I am more dangerous still.

Raben

2 comments:

  1. The anagrams are increasing in difficulty; possible solutions for this particular anagram include:
    Doll Into Sinew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another of many possible anagrams:
    old lies in town

    ReplyDelete